Erin Barham, APR
Erin has over 15 years of communications, public relations, design and website experience in a wide variety of sectors from non-profit to healthcare to state government. Her passion for the details and adherence to accuracy, allows her to be a proficient planner of projects covering complex and delicate subject areas. She possesses a creative background, grassroots resourcefulness, and government practicality. With the proven ability to develop innovative strategies and a deep desire to always be learning, she’s a welcome addition to the Parson + Associates team as a senior communications strategist.
Raised in the nation’s heartland and recently relocated back to her hometown, Erin is a native of Kansas City and graduated from the University of Missouri. She began her communications career working for the United Methodist Church. In a twist of fate she relocated to Jackson, Mississippi where she held a position at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in both the offices of Information Technology and Public Affairs. From there, she was recruited to the Mississippi Division of Medicaid and served as the Deputy Administrator for Communications and Public Information Officer.
Erin has earned Multiple PRism and Lantern awards from the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM) and Southern Public Relations Federation, while also holding leadership positions within the organizations.
- Accreditation in Public Relations, Universal Accreditation Board
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certified
- Certificate in Supervisory Management, Mississippi State Personnel Board
- 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance
- 2017 Practitioner of the Year, Public Relations Association of Mississippi Central Chapter
- 2015 Emerging Practitioner of the Year, Public Relations Association of Mississippi Central Chapter
- Braden’s Hope for Childhood Cancer
- Greater Kansas City Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America
- KC Downtowners
- Thelma’s Kitchen
- Waldo Tower Neighborhood Association
- One personal goal?
To visit all of the 63 National Parks.
- I’m legitimately bad at….?
Throwing a frisbee, driving at night, containing my excitement.
- Worse fad you’ve ever participated in?
Contact Our Communications Professionals
WE'RE SOCIAL! FOLLOW PARSON + ASSOCIATES
+ Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
+ Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
+ Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
+ Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE)
To engage people and tailor messages to build a bridge between complex ideas and common sense solutions.