A natural-born leader with plenty of real-life experience already under her belt, Taylor Rippe is a communications coordinator at Parson + Associates after initially joining the firm as an intern. Taylor received a Bachelor’s in Business Administration with an Emphasis in Management and Marketing from the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) in May 2019.
In summer 2018, she was selected for a highly competitive Edward Smith Leadership Internship through UMKC, which places students at a government agency or non-profit location in a full-time position while also receiving college credit. The program matches students with organizations to gain real-world experience to achieve success in a challenging environment. Taylor landed at the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) for eight weeks as a Strategic Planning and Economic Development Intern, and worked on projects such as the KC Streetcar Main Street Extension, Rock Island Railroad grant application, and a bus stop inventory. When the internship was complete, she stayed on with the KCATA as a part-time marketing coordinator until the end of 2018.
Taylor has experience in community outreach, event planning, social media marketing, and project coordinator. Her gregarious personality shines through her passion for public speaking and networking.
- Remote Pilot Certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Delta Sigma Pi – Professional Business Fraternity, UMKC
- International Business Club, UMKC
- Studied Public Health Administration in Cape Town, South Africa with UMKC Bloch School
Organization Leadership Roles
- Chancellor, Delta Sigma Pi – Professional Business Fraternity
- Founding Treasurer and Vice-President of Operations, International Business Club, UMKC Bloch School
- Personal goal?
Travel to a new place at least once a year.
- I nerd out on…?
- Five simple pleasures you can’t do without, barring the essentials? My dog (Porky), coffee, Netflix, Betty Rae’s ice cream, and the internet.