A natural-born leader with plenty of real-life experience already under her belt, Taylor Rippe is a communications coordinator at Parson + Associates after initially joining the firm as an intern. Taylor received a Bachelor’s in Business Administration with an Emphasis in Management and Marketing from the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC).
In summer 2018, she was selected for a highly competitive Edward Smith Leadership Internship through UMKC, which places students at a government agency or non-profit location in a full-time position while also receiving college credit. The program matches students with organizations to gain real-world experience to achieve success in a challenging environment. Taylor landed at the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) for eight weeks as a Strategic Planning and Economic Development Intern, and worked on projects such as the KC Streetcar Main Street Extension, Rock Island Railroad grant application, and a bus stop inventory. When the internship was complete, she stayed on with the KCATA as a part-time marketing coordinator.
Since joining the P+A team, Taylor has worked on a variety of projects including, but not limited to:
- Kansas City Streetcar Main Street Extension
- RideKC Next
- KC Water Upgrades on Main
- KC Water Smart Sewer & Green Infrastructure
- City of Raytown CARES Funds
- North Oak Complete Streets Study
- Remote Pilot Certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certified
- Envision Sustainability Professional
- Community Engagement University graduate
- Studied Public Health Administration in Cape Town, South Africa with UMKC Bloch School
Previous Organizational Involvement
- Chancellor, Delta Sigma Pi – Professional Business Fraternity
- Founding Treasurer and Vice-President of Operations, International Business Club, UMKC Bloch School
- Personal goal?
Travel to a new place at least once a year.
- I nerd out on…?
- Five simple pleasures you can’t do without, barring the essentials? My dog (Porky), coffee, Netflix, Betty Rae’s ice cream, and the internet.
Reach Out to Parson + Associates
WE'RE SOCIAL! FOLLOW PARSON + ASSOCIATES
+ Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
+ Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
+ Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
+ Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE)
To engage people and tailor messages to build a bridge between complex ideas and common sense solutions.