After amassing decades of working in the private, public and non-profit sectors, Schylon Kubic applies that experience and passion for community engagement to every project she’s involved in at Parson + Associates. As a self professed public works nerd, Schylon enjoys the complexity and nuances related to the fields of infrastructure, transit and public service, and translating the details into clear messages for the public. She is a creative thinker, team builder and proven leader.
Prior to joining Parson + Associates, she worked as the Director of Operations at the Women’s Foundation, the City of Kansas City, Missouri as an Executive Secretary to the Director of the Public Works Department.
Schylon also worked as the Legislative Aide to 5th District City Councilman Terry Riley serving a diverse district that encompassed residential, agricultural and industrial areas. For seven years, she utilized her experience in organizational management in working with the community, neighborhoods and internal government offices to address the needs of the 5th District and the City at large. Schylon also acted as the Executive Director for Councilman Riley’s Annual Back to School Rally.
During her career with the City of Kansas City, Missouri, Schylon provided valuable input as a planning committee member in other citywide charitable and community events.
Schylon holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Morningstar Development Corporation Board
Previous Organizational Involvement
- Board Member, Health Homes
Fields of Work Experience
- La Petite Academy – National Daycare, Child and Adult Care Food Program Administrator
- Banking, US Bank NA
- Zurich – Automotive Insurance
- City of Kansas City, Missouri – City Council, Council Aide, 5th District
- City of Kansas City, Missouri – Public Works Department, Executive Assistant to the Director
- Women’s Foundation (of Greater Kansas City), Director of Operations
- Secret talent?
Mind reading – or maybe I work hard at being a good listener.
- I nerd out on…?
I’m a total Public Works nerd! I like analyzing and understanding traffic patterns and improving traffic control measures.
- Worse fad you’ve ever participated in?
Fluorescent everything! High school was a very colorful (and bright) time in my life.