A natural-born leader with plenty of real-life experience already under her belt, Taylor Rippe is a communications coordinator at Parson + Associates after initially joining the firm as an intern. Taylor received a Bachelor’s in Business Administration with an Emphasis in Management and Marketing from the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC).
In summer 2018, she was selected for a highly competitive Edward Smith Leadership Internship through UMKC, which places students at a government agency or non-profit location in a full-time position while also receiving college credit. The program matches students with organizations to gain real-world experience to achieve success in a challenging environment. Taylor landed at the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) for eight weeks as a Strategic Planning and Economic Development Intern, and worked on projects such as the KC Streetcar Main Street Extension, Rock Island Railroad grant application, and a bus stop inventory. When the internship was complete, she stayed on with the KCATA as a part-time marketing coordinator.
Since joining the P+A team, Taylor has worked on a variety of projects including, but not limited to:
- Kansas City Streetcar Main Street Extension
- RideKC Next
- KC Water Upgrades on Main
- KC Water Smart Sewer & Green Infrastructure
- City of Raytown CARES Funds
- North Oak Complete Streets Study
- Remote Pilot Certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certified
- Community Engagement University graduate
- IAP2 – Certificate in Planning for Effective Public Participation
- IAP2 – Certificate in Foundations in Public Participation
- Delta Sigma Pi – District Director for Iota (KU)
- Leadership Northland – Northland Chamber of Commerce
- Personal goal?
I have a goal of learning one new thing every day.
- I nerd out on…?
- Five simple pleasures you can’t do without, barring the essentials? My dog (Porky), coffee, sweets (just about anything sweet will do!), spending time with loved ones, and lazy Sundays in my sunroom.
Reach Out to Parson + Associates
+ Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
+ Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
+ Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
+ Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE)
To engage people and tailor messages to build a bridge between complex ideas and common sense solutions.